To modify an existing rule:
- Locate the appropriate rule in the Rule list area of the Segment Summary panel, which is displayed to the right of the Edit segment page, and click the associated pencil icon.
See Segment Summary panel for more about the Summary panel.
The rule conditions display.
If two rules are correlated, you must click the Unlink events icon to remove the correlation, before you can edit one or both of the rules. Once you have updated the rule/s, you can re-establish the correlation, by clicking the Correlate events icon. See Modifying correlated rules and UI icons for more details.
- Edit the rule as required.
- Click Save to update the rule.
- Check the interaction conditions between the rules to ensure that they are still valid.
See Modifying the interaction condition between segmentation rules and Segment Summary panel for more about interaction conditions.
- Select and edit other rules, or carry out other edit actions as required.
See Editing a segment for other editing options.
If you do not click Save once you have finished editing the segment, all edits are discarded and the segment remains unchanged.