To create an Extended property, do the following:
- Ensure that the Properties tab of the Settings page is selected.
- Select Extended, positioned under the title of the tab.
The Properties tab of the Settings page, with Extended selected
- Click Add extended property.
The Properties label page displays.
The Properties label page
- Under Label, enter a name for the extended property.
This is the name that is visible in the UI.
- Under Key, enter the the key that is used to identify the property in the database.
A key cannot include spaces or special characters.
- Under Type, click the downwards pointing arrow to the right of the box, and select the data type.
See Understanding Properties and Matching Policies for more about data types.
- Click Save to create the Extended property, or Cancel to abort the process.
You are returned to the Properties Extended tab and the Extended property is added to the list, with the type displayed next to the name.
The Properties Extended tab with a new extended property
You can enable or disable an Extended property in the same way as Base properties. See Enabling and disabling Base properties for more details.
You cannot delete or modify an an Extended property.
Downloading a JSON file
To download a JSON file that represents the schema for all Extended properties, do the following:
- On the the Properties Extended tab, click Download JSON.
An Open File dialog displays.
- Select whether to open the JSON file with an appropriate program, or to save it locally.
- Click OK to proceed.