Example of the Personal info page
The Personal info page is divided into the Personal info and Contacts sections. It enables you to view, add and change a range of information, such as your:
- Date of birth
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Security mobile phone number.
The UI displays whether the relevant number has been verified.
You cannot change the Username.
The name of the company where your user account was created is displayed next to the Creation company field.
The Contacts section also includes the following panels:
- Mobile phone verification.
Enables you to request a code to verify the Security mobile phone number.
- Use a One-time Password sent by SMS.
Enables a one-time password (OTP) to be sent by SMS to the verified Security mobile phone number, each time one is required. This replaces the need to use the PIN that was sent to you by email, either when the account was activated, or subsequently.
Adding or changing a security mobile phone number
A Security mobile phone number must be verified before it can be used. Do the following:
- Under Contacts > Security mobile phone, enter the appropriate number.
- Under Mobile phone verification, check that the correct mobile number is displayed, and click Send code.
An SMS with a verification code is sent to the number.
- Enter the code in the displayed form and click Confirm.
The phone number is verified.
Verification code limitations
The following conditions apply to verification codes:
- A code is valid for 10 minutes.
- You can request a maximum of 10 codes per hour.
A verification code can take some time to arrive, especially if, for example, you are roaming. As a result, it may be invalid when it does arrive, and you will need to request a new one.
Using an OTP sent by SMS
You must register and verify a Security mobile phone number to be able to use an OTP sent by SMS. The Use a One-time Password sent by SMS panel displays whether a mobile phone has been verified.
Assuming you have verified a phone number, do the following:
- Toggle the switch in the Use a One-time Password sent by SMS panel to enable or disable the OTP by SMS option.
The switch is green when the option is enabled.
Once you have made any required changes, ensure that you click Save, otherwise all updates will be lost.