The Data Subject shall have the right to object (art. 21), on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her. The Data Controller shall no longer process the personal data unless the Controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
The right in the Contactlab Marketing Cloud
When the data is processed for direct marketing purposes, the Data Subject has the right to oppose its use at any time. The request can completed by carrying out a normal profile update using the API , or manually in the UI.
If the Hub UI is used, the appropriately authorized platform users should do the following:
- Sign in to Hub, click Customers, followed by the appropriate Data Subject profile.
The Customer details page displays.
- Click click the Edit icon , positioned under the contact name.
- Select the Consent tab, and make the changes according to the Data Subject’s request.
- When you are finished, click Save, followed by the X icon, positioned in the top right-hand corner of the page.
You are returned to the Customer details page. Click the Consent tab to view the consent changes.
What happens in the platform when the Data Subject exercises the right?
The changes made to a profile are propagated throughout all platform modules in real-time.
An event is automatically generated each time a consent is modified, enabling all consent changes to be tracked in the Registry timeline. These events are stored for the entire duration of the contract between Contactlab and the data Controller.
The details for each module are as follows:
- Depending on the module, the Data Controller has to check the deliveries, plans or automations that include the Data Subject, and decide whether to remove them or not.
- If the Data Subject exercises the right to object, the Data Subject’s data is not propagated to Data, and no KPIs are produced.
- If the Data Subject exercises the right to object to email or Instant Messaging marketing, the Data Subject is flagged as not contactable by the Sales Associate.