The Create Demographic Rule page
You have five options when creating a demographic rule:
- Use a preset rule without modifying it.
- Select a preset rule and fine tune it as required.
- Use a favorite rule without modifying it.
Favorite rules are presets that have been saved as you favorites.
See Managing favorite preset rules for more details.
- Select a favorite rule and fine tune it as required.
- Create a custom rule.
To create a demographic rule:
- Click Create demographic rule on the New segment page.
The Create Demographic rule page displays, with My favorite rules highlighted and shown by default. All preset rules that have been defined as favorites are listed. If no favorite rule has been selected, a hint that shows how to choose a favorite displays.
- Do one of the following:
- Select a favorite, click Select to display the rule, then click Add to apply the rule to the segment.
- Select a favorite, click Select to display the rule, fine tune it as required, then click Add to apply the rule to the segment.
- Click Preset rules, choose a preset, click Select to display the rule, then click Add to apply the rule to the segment.
- Click Preset rules, choose a preset, click Select to display the rule, fine tune it as required, then click Add to apply the rule to the segment.
See Editing a segment for more details.
Remember to change the name of the rule if you want to differentiate it from the preset. Preset rules and favorite rules cannot be edited in the same way as a custom rule. Only the pre-defined condition/s can be changed.
- Click Create custom rule then follow the instructions given in Creating a custom demographic rule.
Each time you add a rule, you are returned to the New segment page.
- Repeat the above steps as often as required until you have created all of the demographic rules.
Ensure that you create all rules, including other types such as Digital messages rules and Purchases rules, in the correct order, so that you can apply the appropriate interaction condition between pairs of rules.
See Creating new segments and Combining segment rules for more about interaction conditions between rules.
To close the Create demographic rule page without adding a rule:
- Click the X icon, located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click Cancel.