To add a Check step to an automation, do the following:
- Click CHECK in the Steps selection panel.
A check panel is added to the Automation configuration flow diagram, with the name Choose Type.
Beneath the check panel, a Path button also displays.
See Creating an automation for more about the Steps selection panel, and Adding Check step paths for more about paths.
The check Choose Type panel and Path button
- Click the Choose Type panel.
The initial Check configuration options display in the Sidebar.
- Under Type, select:
- Wait for Trigger
Pauses the automation until the selected Event takes place. If the event does not happen within a defined time frame, the negative path is taken.
- Wait and Check
Pauses the automation for a defined period of time, then checks to see whether the selected Event has taken place. If the event has not happened after the defined period, the negative path is taken.
- Wait for Trigger
As soon as the check type is selected, further configuration options display and the name of the check panel in the flow diagram is updated accordingly.
The following steps use the Wait for Trigger type as an example. However the steps you need to take for a Wait and Check type are very similar.
Example of the Wait for Trigger type
- Enter a Description, if required.
- Under Event, select the appropriate trigger event from the drop-down list.
The drop-down list includes all the events that are configured in Hub for the selected workspace. The event you choose influences the options that are available when you create alternative paths. See Adding Check step paths for more details.
The flow diagram is updated accordingly.
- Under If not verified within the time interval, select the appropriate period.
- When you have finished the Check step, click the Path button beneath the check panel, to define the negative path and at least one positive path. See Adding Check step paths for more details.